Dec 16, 2015

Charcoal + Rosehip Face Cleansers by Holistic Apothecary


Activated charcoal and rosehip is great for skin care. I never thought about it till now but together that would be pretty awesome! But that's not what today's review will be.

First we have the Ultimate Detox Face + Pore Cleanser by Holistic Apothecary. Their Etsy name is HolisticOrganics. This is an all natural liquid face cleanser.

Texture
This is a liquid cleanser that moves around pretty quick. I accidentally dripped it onto the fabric in the pics lol. It feels like a normal lathering face cleanser. 
 
Scent
It has a mild and fresh natural scent. It's not over powering and it doesn't linger. 
Experience + Results 
This was the fourth natural face cleanser that I've tried. The first was cream, second was bar soap, third was oil, and this one's liquid that lathers. I was switching it up to find out what worked best for my very oily and very dry combo skin.

In the end, this one didn't work out for me. The only notable things I can say that didn't go wrong was that it seemed to work pretty well for my combo skin. Please keep reading though.

Something in this didn't agree with my skin. My skin isn't typically that sensitive so it's got to be something I'm mildly allergic to. I wasn't breaking out, but my skin wasn't exactly clearing up either, and the texture of my forehead looked bumpy. They weren't pimples, it was just a weird bumpy texture. My skin is usually smooth other than the dry areas.

When I switched to a different cleanser my face was immediately better in a day or two. I haven't taken the time to figure out what my skin reacted to. I really should look through the ingredients on the products I've used since I began using natural skin care.

Originally, I wasn't going to post this but what works for me might not work for someone else and vice versa. I read reviews from other customers how great this was for them which is why I wanted to try it. I guess this is also an example for everyone to always be cautious when trying new skin products. Going blindly into trying new skin care is chancing some bad results. I don't usually do patch tests since I rarely react to new products.

Separately, I give the store 5 out of 5 but I just don't want to rate this product. I feel that my reaction would be an unfair judgement of the product's effectiveness. Holistic Apothecary obviously takes great care into their items' ingredients and looks. I've had much better experiences with other products.





Next is the Organic Rosehip + Coconut Oil Cold Cream. I don't have any pictures of what it looks like inside the jar because I bought this before I was interested in blogging again, but I have this pic at least!

Aesthetic
Honestly, I bought this because of how beautiful it looks. It's very romantic and I love, love this color of pink. This is the 1 oz jar and it's glass. The cream itself was wholly pink with very small bits of red that I'm assuming is from the rosehip botanical extract powder. 

Scent
Heavenly. Oh my goodness. Everyone's preference of scent are different but this was just heaven every time I used it. It's sweet and flowery, mixed together like a warm, heavy fog. It was very relaxing right before bed. I would buy this again solely for how it smells.

Texture
This is oil based with beeswax so it melted in my mailbox, being in there all day. I put it in the fridge to cool down and it solidified, but it was easy to melt with body heat. Since mine melted I'm not sure what the consistency is supposed to be like. Though on the skin, it was soft, smooth, and light. 

Longevity
Using it morning and night as a face cleanser and occasionally as a moisturizer or makeup remover, a 1 oz jar for $9.95USD lasted me about 2 weeks.

Experience + Results
First I have to say that this section won't be as detailed as I'd like. I finished this product months ago so I can only remember how I generally felt about it.

As a face cleanser/moisturizer, in the first few days I noticed my skin was softer and the texture was better but within a week or two my skin's texture was tight and unhappy. This simply wasn't hydrating enough for my skin. It did well with balancing the oil but I've noticed coconut oil is too lightweight to balance out my dryness and dehydrated skin.
For cleansing, it was decent but wasn't as strong as I'd like. I think this would work best for normal to oily skin. Also, keep in mind, for some people coconut oil may clog their pores.
As a makeup remover, I've been using coconut oil effectively so this cream works great and the benefits are better due to the ingredients, Organic Rosehip Botanical Extract and Organic Rose Geranium Essential Oil.

Personally, I would only use this as a makeup remover and I generally really like this product so I'll give it a 5 out of 5!

5 out of 5!
★★★




Thanks for reading!
Drink some water, take a breath, and take care!
Lorina xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment